Well hello there! It has been a hot minute (or 5!) since I’ve sat down to write a blog post on here! A lot has been going on in my life the last few months, and with my show, the holidays, some family changes, and other life things that just get in the way sometimes, I haven’t been good about dedicating time to sit down and create blog posts. While this site hasn’t been very active, I have been doing quite a bit over on my YouTube channel doing Vlogmas. I’m happy to announce that my hiatus is over and I’m back and ready to hit the ground running with my blog and channel for 2017. First, let’s recap what’s been going on.
- I managed to achieve my goal of getting myself back on stage in 2016 by being in a production of Pippin in November. It was so much fun and made me feel great, but it definitely messed with some of my routines, especially on the weekends. Great times for me, not so much for my blog.
- We’re homeowners now! On 11/30/16 we closed on the condo we’ve been renting for the last year. Now we’re plotting and planning some of the organizational changes we want to make now that it’s ours to change.
- I traveled to Florida for Christmas to spend time with my husband’s family. You can see all of my adventures in December in my Vlogmas videos on YouTube. Again, tons of fun for me, but no time (and no desire, if I’m being totally honest here) to sit down and dedicate time to creating content on here.
- Biggest change: we got a puppy! Our newest family member, Gracie (a 2 month old Yorkie) joined our little family on 1/1/17. Anyone that has had a puppy probably knows how we’ve been spending our time. While pups are adorable and so much fun, they are a TON of work ad require constant supervision if you’re trying to potty train them. Since we live in a condo and it’s currently single digit temperatures in Chicagoland, we decided that pad training Gracie is the way to go for us. My husband actually took a week off of work for “paternity leave” so he could bond with her before he starts traveling again, and while she’s loose, one of us has to be watching her. So not only has all things Diva and the Divine suffered this past week, but house chores and such have as well.
- The icing on top of the crazy cake is that I’m also suffering from a cold. A big deal? No, but it does complicate things just a tad. Thank goodness for Sudafed, NyQuill, and a puppy that now sleeps through the night.
That’s the quick life update, and honestly, that’s probably all you need. Now that Gracie has been with us for a week and Mister goes back to work tomorrow, it’s time that she and I learn how to balance our lives together. It’s time to get back to work on my body, my home, my blog, and my life back in order. I’ll be training my pup, working on losing weight and creating content, and making 2017 the best year yet. Stay tuned for a lot of exciting things starting with some discussions on 2016 reflections and 2017 goals.
Happy New Year, friends. I hope your holidays were amazing and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for us!