1. Despite any lack of motivation that I’ve been having lately (which has been quite a bit, let me tell you) I always manage to find the motivation to sit down and write for my weekly link up post. There is something easy about Thinking Out Loud Thursdays because there is really no limit on what I can say. I can ramble on about whatever and people will actually take the time to look at it because it just might be more interesting than what is in this month’s Birchbox. Shoutout to Amanda over at Running with Spoons for coming up with such a lovely way for bloggers to relate with the randomness in their lives.
2. Erik left for Atlanta on Saturday, and it’s been quite the mood killer for me. I have a list a mile long of things to do to keep me busy, and during the day I don’t mind being alone, but sitting at home with nothing but the computer and Hulu Plus to keep me company after work really stinks. I don’t like going to bed alone either. Being alone at night makes me very aware of every sound that happens outside or every little movement that might be a bug because I don’t have my hero of a husband around to protect me should something happen. The good news is that he seems to be having a great time so far, and when we actually get to talk for a few minutes, I get filled in on what he’s learning (he’s currently at a special training session in Texas learning a bunch of exciting things this week) and who he’s gotten the chance to talk to and network with. He assures me that he talks about me often, so even if I’m not talking TO him, I’m on his mind. Last night he flat out admitted how excited he was about the company, and he sounded so happy that it’s really hard me to completely hate the situation. This is a great opportunity for him, and we are both so blessed that he has it.
3. Both Thursday and Friday last week were date nights for us, just so we could get out of our routine and be together. One night we decided to go in search of a good brownie (which is Erik’s weakness. shhh. don’t tell.) and we walked in to Ben and Jerry’s. The brownie sundaes we were able to get were delightful! I got mine topped with a salted caramel ice cream Mmmm.. We rolled ourselves around Frankin Street after that dessert. Date night with hubby > caring what the Points Plus Values are. It was a special occasion 🙂
4. We finished LOST!! I’m really not sure how I feel about it. That’s all I’m going to say…
5. My sister likes to send me pictures of our dogs since I miss them so much, especially now that I don’t have anyone or anything to cuddle with in the evening. This is Rudy and he’s awesome. I was bored the night I got this photo…
6. So this happened….. 🙂
7. Thanks to our best friends in Chapel Hill, Katie and Nate, I had something to do on Memorial Day. We had a little grilling session with burgers and canned strawberry margaritas. While I was at Target I decided to get the fixings for the ultimate summer cookout dessert: S’mores. They might be one of my all time favorite things. Sadly, it’s 7 Points Plus for one and 13 (aka half of my day!) for 2. Worth it!
8. Apparently Disney does strawberries now? Found these at Target and they were the only option.
9. One of my other summer favorites: Skinny iced vanilla latte from Starbucks. For 2 Points for a grande, it is my perfect afternoon slump pick me up. #addicted….
10 My students have their end of the year recital on Sunday. I have officially survived an entire year in Chapel Hill. It’s hard to believe so much has happened in the last year. More on that in a later post, but I am so excited to see what the next year in Chapel Hill brings!
Happy Thursday. What are you thinking out loud about today??