I know it’s been awhile since I’ve done a thinking out loud post, so i’ve decided to get back on that bandwagon. It might not be weekly, but thanks to Amanda at Running With Spoons, there’s always a place to come and share the randomness of my life and my week with everyone 🙂
1. First and foremost: Welcome to Autumn! I’m SO excited for it to be cooling down (or at least it’s supposed to be). It’s time for sweater weather, cosy slippers, hot lattes and cups of tea, fall fragrances, the release of holiday collections in the beauty world, and of course pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! I used to think that summer was my favorite season, but this year I’ve decided I don’t like all of that heat all the time. I basically wanted a reprieve from the Chicago snows, but in North Carolina, it’s not nearly as shocking of a winter, so summer got old. My ideal is where sweaters and hot beverages are comfortable and acceptable. Autumn is my new favorite for sure.
2. On the subject of pumpkin spice: have you seen my recipe for the easiest pumpkin spice muffins ever? They’re super tasty and made with real pumpkin (no eggs or oil) so they’re healthy too! Win-win.
3. Or how about some Pumpkin Spice oatmeal? So tasty and easy and only 3 Points Plus. Come back tomorrow for this recipe.
4. I don’t think I shared with a Thursday post why I was gone so long. My husband and I finally took our honeymoon in August even though we got married in January. It was a long awaited (and desperately needed) vacation that was quite an adventure. 12 night cruise along the Mediterranean. Lots of food, making new friends and climbing ruins. Yes. climbing ruins.
5. For someone with Muscular Dystrophy, I never thought that climbing ruins would be something I could do, and yet I conquered the Acropolis (omg SO many steps), Ephesus, Delos, and Pompeii all in the matter of a few days of one another. I was exhausted and broken, but it was seriously one of the biggest non-scale victories of my life. That pic is me doing a victory pose up on the rocks in front of the Parthenon
6. Random, but worth sharing: this was the perfect Monday night sunset this week. Cotton candy pink patches and so much beauty.
7. Something that isn’t so nice about the evenings recently: bugs! On Sunday I was at a cookout with friends, and despite the several layers of bug spray I applied, I ended up with 8 bug bites. 8!! A few of the bugs got fancy and decided to give me a little line pattern..
8. iOS 8- has anyone else updated? I feel like it has make my iPhone 5s slower and LESS functional rather than more so. How annoying. Thoughts?
9. How are you all celebrating fall? What are some of your favorite traditions and things about the season? I love when its appropriate to curl up in yoga pants and a hoodie, put on cozy slippers, light a fall scented candle and sip hot tea. Perfection.
10. I started writing this post yesterday afternoon, and last night my amazing husband brought home beautiful fall colored flowers because he knows how into this season I am. I love little surprises like that. I now have a whole fall themed end table happening. Makes the homemaker in me very happy 🙂
That’s all I’ve got for today. What are you thinking out loud about lately?