1. Tomorrow is my 28th birthday! I’m super excited to see what the year brings, as hubby and I are gearing up for some pretty life changing adventures. More on that in a post tomorrow. Thanks to a trip we are taking for hubby’s new job, we will conveniently be in Chicagoland for my birthday weekend, meaning there will be a nice blend of spending time with my family and doing company related things with my man. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
2. In honor of my birthday, I’m doing a giveaway. Since my birthday is my unofficial start to the holiday season, I wanted to give away something that will aid in surviving the holiday food and drink madness a little bit better. I’m giving away a FitBit Flex. It’s the perfect thing to help you stay aware and accountable of just how much activity you’re getting, and my hope is that it encourages the winner to move a little extra to help with all of the delightful holiday goodies that are pretty unavoidable.
3. Can we talk about this polar freeze that is supposed to come for just a second? My mother was making fun of me and blaming me for the low 30’s temps that are coming this weekend along with my arrival. This morning, however, I learned that the freeze seems to be making its way to Chapel Hill too. I’m just not ready to freeze quite yet. Busting out the winter gear for sure. Sad day, but at least it’s not my fault now. Take that Chicago!
4. I’m really excited to be starting a new (new to me, anyway) book called “The Hunger Fix” which came highly recommended by Fit and Free Emily. I resubscribed to the Oyster Books reading subscription because since I stopped it seems that they added a ton of titles, including a good handful that I’ve been wanting to read. “The Hunger Fix” happened to be one of them. I like to make good use of elliptical time by reading while I workout.
5. I ran out of pumpkin spice coffee the other day. While I mourned the last K-cup, and finished up my creamer, I decided that it was time to move on, rather than go and get more. Enter: peppermint mocha creamer. The holidays are officially here..at least in my coffee cup.
6. I’ve been completely and utterly obsessed with Quest Chips lately! Have any of you gotten the chance to try them? I just love how they are so packed with protein and somehow they still actually taste like baked potato chips! There is a sale happening at Vitamin Shoppe until the end of the month. If you haven’t gotten the chance to try, you should. I went and stocked back up again yesterday..and by stock up I mean buy 6 individual servings. Even on sale (2/$5) they cost a lot more than regular chips. Worth it though!
7. Did any of you shop the Sephora VIB sale this past weekend? I did and while I behaved pretty well, I still picked up a handful of goodies. I want to know what you bought at this annual beauty addict celebration. Let me know in the comments below!
8. I feel like I have something Peeps related to get excited about every season now. I stumbled across these beauties at Target the other day. Yes, that does say Red Velvet! Can’t wait to give these a try.
9. Question: How soon is too soon for Christmas music?
10. I just wanted to say a quick thank you to those who take the time to read my blog, follow me on social media and all that jazz. You guys seriously rock! Thanks for reading, responding, and hopefully taking an interest in what I have to say 🙂