Happy Black Friday, my friends! I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends While I’m not going to be out shopping today, I will be decorating our little apartment with the several decorations we have, including a Christmas tree. This is quite exciting to me 🙂 So for this week’s 5 I’ll keep it simple.
5 Things I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving
1. My fiancé and the new life we will be starting together in just over a month. He takes such good care of me, we support each other, and even in the midst of total chaos, we manage to remain close and strong. Not bad for only living in the same state for the minority of our relationship.
2. My family, both the one I was born into and the one I will be marrying into. Their love and support throughout my life and my relationship with Erik has been amazing. I am truly a lucky girl.
3. My health. I spend so much time focusing on what I should improve about my health and fitness that I sometimes forget to remember how far I’ve come and how much worse off I can be (If you need an explanation as to why, click here and read my MD story). I’ve come so far, and am so thankful to be as functional and healthy as I am.
4. The awesomeness of technology. Being away from home for 6 months now would have been harder without being able to Skype home, keep up to date on my friends and family on Facebook, texting photos of things I’m doing or getting texts of the dogs at my parent’s house being goofy are all things that I take for granted in this day and age. Without them, being anywhere but home would be more difficult. Also, Erik and I met online, so without this technology that we use daily, he and I would never have met, and I wouldn’t be with the man I’m with now. Yeah, technology is pretty great.
5. You guys! The people that actually take the time to read what I have to say. I have high hopes for Diva and the Divine, and without the reassurance of knowing people actually read my posts those hopes would be shattered in a hot minute. Alas, you keep coming back, and as long as you do, I’ll keep writing, so thank you all!
God has blessed me so greatly. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow 🙂
Don’t shop too hard, and enjoy the beginning of the holiday season. Only 26 days until Christmas!