I am a big fan of Tarte products. One of my obsessions are the Tarte LipSurgence Lip tints, which were easy to use, hydrating lip crayons that left a beautiful wash of color on my lips. Tarte now has a line of LipSurgence Lip Glosses, which offer the same hydration (and then some) in a sheer wash of high shine gloss color. For the natural/nude makeup lovers out there, these are great. Since I tend to lean towards natural looking lips most of the time, I’m loving these.
The Tarte LipSurgence Lip Glosses are formulated with Vitamin E, Jojoba seed oil, and flower extract. These ingredients pack an ultra hydrating punch into every application of lip gloss. While they are a tad on the stickier side, the luscious layer of hydration that coats my lips upon application makes that easy to overlook. The hydration lasts for a good long time, and I find myself reaching for these rather than my chapstick because of the longevity of the moisture and the wash of color that accompanies it. The moisturizing ingredients also deliver a super high shine finish and shields any dryness or fine lines that might be on the lips.
Added bonus: each gloss has an amazing vanilla flavor that makes the overall experience deliciously enjoyable to the nose too.
While I tend to purchase my Tarte products from Ulta or Sephora, I actually happened to see a special on QVC offering a set of 5 full size glosses for $30, which was amazing since they run $19 each. Needless to say I jumped on that one. All of the colors in the set are available individually, and there are a few other shades available than what I’m going to show you.
I have 5 beautiful, relatively natural shades from the QVC set, and I love them all. Here’s what I have:
- Park Ave Princess- Made to go along with the best selling bronzer by the same name, Park Ave Princess is a shimmering golden nude. Its pretty sheer with golden glitter. It’s a perfect shade for summer as your skin starts to tan.
- Envy- Berry Mauve. While still on the sheer side, this shade is one of the more highly pigmented of the set. Great shade for evening or days you want a little more pop without getting crazy,
- Blushing Bride- One of my favorites (I actually mentioned this gloss in a favorites post a while back. Now I have an extra:-) ). A mauve pink that is my perfect “my lips, but better” gloss shade.
- Exposed- Nude rose. Slightly deeper than Blushing Bride.
- Tipsy- Sheer Coral..emphasis on the sheer. A very sheer wash of color but a strong glossy shine.
Shades in this photo are a tad deeper than they appear on the lips. That being said, I’m still really enjoying them. I think they are great for every day wear for someone who likes natural lips and lots of moisture.
Pros: Amazing smell, great hydration, lasting hydration, natural colors
Cons: A bit on the sticky side, many glosses are sheerer in color payout (con for some, but could be a pro for others.
All in all, I’m a fan. You can find these glosses at Ulta and Sephora for $19 a piece. If you’re interested, I checked to see if the limited edition QVC set was still available, and it looks like it is! You can find the same set of 5 shown in this post for $30 on the QVC website.