Words cannot begin to express how excited I was to get the fall Fortune Cookie Soap Box. The collection is called “Witch Please” and as you might assume, it has a little something to do with a certain wicked witch of the west. Not only is it inspired by The Wizard of Oz, but they also incorporated themes from my all time favorite musical, Wicked. This in and of itself is enough to make me have an increased interest in the collection, but what’s even better is the line is actually fantastic! The smells embrace my favorite scents of the fall season. The “Witch Please” soapbox was an excellent treat and I am really excited for the release of the entire collection.
To give you a sneak peak at this wickedly delightful collection, I’m going to break down all of the products that I got to sample in the soap box. I numbered the products to match the photo above.
1. “Swankified” Walnut Facial Scrub– Fortune Cookie Soap is working on expanding its skincare line and this new scrub is a part of it. It smells like a delicious treat of bananas, cake batter, and of course, walnuts. This is a coarse but gentle scrub that feels so great on my face. It’s gentle enough to use daily, and this scrub can also be used on the body.
2. “The Shiz” Perfume Oil– This oil is very earthy and autumn. They describe it as “a woodland hike through damp balsam woods, with top notes of maple leaves blowing through new dawn blossom, laurel and sweet clove.”
3. “Hair Flip” Hail Oil– Toss, toss! New to the FCS family, this hair oil is a blend of oils that is made to repair and nourish dry and damaged hair. The scent of vanilla buttercream mixed with hazelnuts adds a sweet scent to your hair while the oil adds control and shine. Only a few drops of this goes a long way. This must be the stuff that Galinda’s hair tossing is made of 🙂
4. “Roy G. Biv” OCD Hand Sanitizer– Fall also means cold season, so we need to keep hands germ free, even if we are hanging out somewhere over the rainbow (see what I did there?). This scent of OCD has bright citrus notes combined with some autumn woods made up of lemon, mandarin, cotton blossom, vanilla, leaves, and bonfires. Sounds like the perfect fall day to me.
5. “Flying Monkeys” Personal Space Air Freshener– Spray a little bit of this in the air to make the space around you smell fruity and fabulous. Contains notes of peach, watermelon, jasmine, neroli, aquatic notes and fresh bananas.
6. “Miss Popular” Bubble Bath Powder– While I haven’t been able to open this, as I’m afraid of the mess it will make, I’m sure it’s just as stellar as the rest of the collection. I’ve never used a bubble bath powder, but I’m interested to see if it turns my tub into a bubbly paradise. Scent notes are star anise, star jasmine, honey, orange and violet.
7. “”BFFs” Whipped Cream– This might be my favorite thing in the box. FCS released 4 whipped creams for this collection and soap box subscribers got to try one of them. BFFs is a blueberry and pumpkin scent that is to die for. I’m almost out of my little tub and I can’t wait to actually order some full size whipped cream. The only problem is the 3 other scents sound just as amazing for a pumpkin fiend like myself. The 4 whipped creams are:
- BFFs- Pumpkin, blueberries and fall spices
- Green is the New Black- Pumpkin pie filling, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and a touch of whipped cream
- No Good Deed- Pumpkin, cinnamon, maple syrup, rum, vanilla and caramelized sugar
- Wicked Good- Top notes of orange, pear, apple, pineapple, cherries mixed with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and vanilla sugar
Seriously, guys, how on Earth do I pick just one of these? I want them ALL
8. “There’s No Place Like Home” Fortune Cookie Soap– The product that started it all. FCS’s signature fortune cookie shaped soap smells like apple cinnamon Heaven. Macintosh apples, cinnamon, allspice and cloves make this smell like fresh apple pie is baking, making it actually feel like home. Well played.
That’s everything I got in my soap box this fall. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to check out the full collection, which launches today, Aug 29th, 2014 @ 6:30pm. I don’t know how I’m going to decide on only a product or two to add to my collection. My husband might kill me if I actually bought everything that I was interested in. I might be biased because of the amazing theme (for those that don’t know me, I’m pretty obsessed with the musical “Wicked”), but based on the sampling I got, if you’re in to the scents of autumn, you are not likely to be disappointed by what you find in this collection.
If you’re interested in getting in on the seasonal Fortune Cookie Soap Box, it’s a subscription service that you can sign up for on the website.