This summer, things were chaotic and stressful, so most of my regular habits, routines, and goals went out the window. I am most definitely paying for it, both on the scale and in my mind. I weighed in 12 lbs above goal for my post-cruise weigh in. Talk about a reality check. I faced it, accepted it, and am now moving forward to fix what the summer has done to me. Life happens, my honeymoon full of amazing food happened, and it’s okay to enjoy it, but now it’s time to get back on track.
Goal setting is a major way to stay on track. My friend Brooke created a goal digger worksheet that I am using for my goal setting structure this month. This structure of goal setting has 4 goals to complete daily, 4 goals to complete once a week, and 2 goals to do twice in the month. This is a great way to keep myself feeling like I am meeting my goals without giving myself a laundry list of things to complete every single day. Here’s what my goals are for the month of September.
- Read 15 minutes- I’ve been so bad about reading certain books or reading for extended periods of time that I’ve decided to take a step back and commit only to 15 minutes a day. That still adds up to being 7.5 hours of reading in a month, which is awesome. There is also a pretty good chance that once I sit down to read, I’ll end up going for longer than the required 15 minutes.
- Track ALL Points Plus- After cruising, other traveling and simply being lazy and shutting out reality, it’s time that I simply start tracking again, even if I don’t stay within the allotted daily points. There’s just no excuse, and this is the quickest way to getting back on track.
- Drink 64 oz of Water- Surprisingly, for as much as I love water I have been really bad about consuming enough of it. My body just works better when properly hydrated and right now I need all the help I can get. Time to focus on something that I tend to take for granted.
- Spend time working on my bl0g- This is another thing that I should be doing every single day, but life just hasn’t been a friend lately. I’m pressed for time, and because of stress I’m pressed for motivation. Sometimes I just have to sit and do it. I’d like to say I’ll spend at least 30 minutes on this daily, but I’m hoping for more so I didn’t assign a specific number.
- Cleaning- I tend to do a little of this every day. Run the dishwasher when it’s full, put in a load of laundry when I’m working at home, etc, but rather than stress myself out about having things always clean all the time (which I stress about because I’m trying to be a good housewife. Thankfully, Erik told me to stop worrying so much and focus on other things), I will do little things throughout the week and spend one day a week doing more serious cleaning. Designating an hour or two to picking up, dusting, vacuuming and maybe organizing something is all that really needs to happen to keep this place looking decent right now. My stress level is too high and something’s gotta give.
- Spend an evening with my husband- Okay, so I hope and pray that I can do this more than once a week, but with him being SO busy with school and recruitment, I am being realistic rather than optimistic. I understand that he needs his time to work and network and prep for recruitment things ( I can’t wait for this MBA thing to be over..), so I’m hoping that once a week we can manage to curl up and watch something together, enjoy each other’s company and go to bed at the same time. I think that’s a reasonable expectation.
- Work on blog outside of home- I stole this straight from Brooke. I find the change of scenery (usually a Starbucks) helps me focus. There’s nothing else to distract me, there’s the calming smell off coffee everywhere, I’m surrounded by other people who camp at coffee houses to do work and I have easy access to caffeine. Hello Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
- Make a home cooked dinner- Again, something I would love to have happen more than once a week, but I’m being realistic. When I cook dinner I tend to make enough for at least 2 or 3 meals.
- **BONUS GOAL** Earn 26 Activity Points- I ran out of space, but an activity goal is necessary. I’d like to earn back an entire day’s worth of Points, so 26 is the goal each week.
2x This Month
- Attend a fitness class- I used to go to Zumba every week, and I just haven’t been the last 4 months or so. While I love my elliptical for cardio, I think it’s important to change things up a bit.
- Practice Singing- As a voice teacher, my job is to teach others, but I rarely get the chance to work on myself. While 2 times in a month isn’t a lot, I’m hoping that setting that goal helps me to start getting into the habit of practicing again. I’ve lost my passion for music that I enjoyed having so much, so I need to get that back.
There we go! My list of September goals. At the end of the month, if all is accomplished I am supposed to set a reward for myself, but I haven’t quite decided what that is going to be yet. Do you have any suggestions?
What are your goals for this month?