Happy Monday, friends.
Or maybe not so happy.. Since I’ve been snowed in since last Tuesday evening, my alarm going off at 7:00am was not at all a welcome event. After nearly a week of being snowed in, being lazy, and being off track, my body and mind both know it is time to get my lazy rear in gear and get back to the grind.
You better believe the first grind I hit up this morning was the coffee grinds (haha..I crack myself up!). I’m on cup number 2 as we speak. It was a rough start..
Yesterday, for the first time in forever (if you get the reference, comment below. You’ve earned your awesomeness points for the day) I actually tracked every single thing I ate AND managed to stay within my 26 Point Plus. Ive been tracking, but I haven’t been staying in budget lately. It felt so good to sit down with a 6 points plus epic sized dessert last night knowing that I still had the Points Plus left in my day so I didn’t even roll into weeklies. Why is it that it’s such a difficult thing for me to do nowadays?? I always feel so accomplished and great about myself when I’m successful, yet for some reason random munchies have been outweighing the joy and satisfaction of staying within my Point Plus target. *sigh* I mean, I wrote months ago about the struggles of being a lifetime member at goal, but this is seriously getting ridiculous. Well, that changes this week.
Yesterday I sat down with my Erin Condren Life Planner and planned out my entire week, top to bottom. Erik is pretty much jam packed and so rather than being upset about his unavailability, i decided I might as well make use of the time I have not having him available to me. He and I have some pretty awesome plans for the end of this week, so I just have to be patient in the meantime.
While sipping on cup of coffee #1, I decided that writing out some goals for this week and declaring them to the world would probably be an excellent motivator to actually do them. So, here they are:
- Track everything- and I should add to that “stay within Points Plus range.” I just feel so much better when I know I’m making the right choices, and BONUS: the scale goes down! and trust me..it needs to..just a bit..
- Workout 5 days- notice I didn’t put everyday. I’ve recently become aware of the mental awesomeness tom scheduling in rest days. I used to feel guilty about days I took a day off, but I’ve learned that a day off here and there us good for me. So I’ve started scheduling them. 5 days of working out, be it elliptical, Zumba, or something else.
- Read at least a chapter a day- I’m currently in the middle of “Insurgent“ by Veronica Roth (book 2 of the Divergent series), an awesome book called “Say Goodbye to Survival Mode” by Crystal Paine of the Money Saving Mom blog, and a blogging book called iBlog.
- Work ahead- pretty self explanatory. I need to be better about this, especially if I want to do more with this little site of mine.
- Travel plans- I won’t tell you what they are yet, but special occasions are often difficult to stick to plan through. I will not let my special something ruin the rest of my week!
- My attitude towards some things could really use an adjustment. I get so caught up in things like my overwhelming work load or the fact that Erik is so busy it feels like we hardly have regular time together (and it makes me grumpy and negative) that I forget to remember that my heavy work load is a blessing because I’m working (many people out there aren’t) and that I need to appreciate things like being snowed in with my husband for two days, giving us time together we wouldn’t have normally had. I like to think the snow days were God’s way of giving us a little bit more time together, as how little we’ve had has really has been breaking me slowly. So yeah…generic attitude adjustment needed..
So that’s that! I declare my goals to you, readers of my little blog. What sort of goals do you have set for this week?
I leave you with a motivational drawing from a woman, Kim, who took her wonderful art skills and used them to create health and fitness motivational images for women. Check out her Arthlete blog and see some of the amazing and inspiring work that she does 🙂
Have a great week! 🙂This post contains affiliate links.