Neutrogena Body Clear Wash | Mint Julep Mask | Turbie Twist | Head & Shoulders | Aussie 3 Minute Miracle | Biore Self Heating Minute Mask | Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub | Shower Cap | Summer’s Eve Wash | Body Puff/Sponge
While I am a huge fan of the pricy, luxurious products when it comes to beauty and skincare, I take a lot of joy in fabulous products that are also budget friendly. 10 under $10 is a headline you will see every so often on Diva and the Divine because I think it is very important to know that there are quality products out there that don’t require you to break the bank. Starting off this little headline is my
Top 10 Shower Products Under $10!
Here we go!
1. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash: Body acne happens to most of us, friends, and while I’ve tried a handful of products, it seems that the most effective body wash for me is the one by Neutrogena. It’s formulated with salicylic acid to help those body breakouts, and the grapefruit scented one adds an energizing kick to your shower (reg. $7.99 & Grapefruit $8.49 at Ulta)
2. Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Mask: This acne fighter dries up pimples, washes away blackheads, and helps shrink pores. Oh, and the smell is amazing if you like mint. The reason I tossed the mint julep mask in a shower favorites is because I like to apply thick masks like this before I shower, let it dry and then remove it with the hot steamy shower water (and higher water pressure) rather than having to go over it again and again with a wash cloth. You get a huge tube of it (8 oz) for a very reasonable price. It is one of my all time favorites. This bright green mask leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. (8 oz tube $3.99 at drugstore.com)
3. Turbie Twist: I know that many sources tell you to not twist your hair in a towel. I’m a practical human being with thick, absorbent hair, so that doesn’t work for me. However, the whole using a second towel to sit and balance on my head while I was letting my hair dry wasn’t really working for me either. It was heavy and hurt my neck as I tried to balance it like the girl with a book on her head. Enter Turbie Twist: A super absorbent, light weight hair towel that solves all of my post shower hair woes (well..the towel drying ones anyway). It has a tip that catches all of your hair and you secure it with the attached elastic band. This takes a major load off of my neck and I don’t have to do a towel balancing act while I do my post-shower lotion application. It cuts down on dry time too. I love them so much I even travel with one so I don’t have to use hotel towels on my hair. ($9.99 for 2 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond)
4. Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo: I am a dandruff sufferer, which is one of the most frustrating (and potentially embarrassing) beauty problems to have. The Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo not only works on my dandruff (with regular use), but it leaves my hair feeling surprisingly awesome. After washing, the clean scent lingers, and my hair dries soft and smooth. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I gave this a try, and it is still my go to dandruff shampoo. ( $5.99 at drugstore.com)
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner: Holy grail product alert! I have repurchased this baby no less than 6 times. The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle has jojoba oil and sea kelp in a tropical summer scented conditioner that makes your hair soft, hydrated, and completely manageable. I just put this in my hair and let it soak in while I do the rest of my shower stuff, and then rise. My hair is left feeling so soft and healthy, and it only costs a few bucks. Take THAT expensive conditioning treatments! ($3.99 at drugstore.com)
6. Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask: I love this product for when I’m in a time crunch but still want to do a little something special for my face. The Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask is water activated, so it heats up when it touches your wet face. The heat helps open the pores (not to mention it feels awesome) which helps the active charcoal sink in deep. Great for oily and acne prone skin like mine. There are 4 masks in each box and I like to use them once or twice a week. (4 masks for $6.99 at Ulta)
7. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub: This scrub is the bomb dot com! Seriously. It has whole sugar grains mixed with hydrating oils to create a gentle, yet very effective exfoliation for your body. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub is my go to for a pre-shave exfoliation. It leaves my skin well exfoliated which allows for a closer shave, as well as soothed and hydrated making the shave easier and more pleasant. It comes in several yummy flavors and one tub lasts a long time. If you’re lucky you can even find them buy one, get one 50% off, which is an epic deal. (18 oz for $7.49 at Ulta)
8. Shower Cap: This seems so silly to put on here, but seriously, I use mine all the time. Have you ever tried to skip washing your hair but then have to play dodge the shower water while you’re trying to clean your face and body? I have. A shower cap is the simple solution on days you want to skip washing your hair. Its a no brainer and can be found pretty cheap. (Hot Tools shower cap 2 for $4.59 at Ulta)
9. Summers Eve Shower Gel: Real talk time ladies. Lets be honest, from time to time all of us could use a little freshening up down there. Yes..there. Summer’s Eve wash is pH balanced so it is safe for use on your most sensitive parts. I am a huge fan of this product. I like to feel nice and clean down there, but I also am very cautious with what I use because the wrong thing could cause a not so pleasant situation. This wash is something I use quite frequently and if you use it just on your lady bits, one bottle will seriously last forever. (12 fl oz for $3.99 at drugstore.com)
10. Shower poof/sponge/loofa: Whatever you want to call it, these netted shower puffs are the greatest things to happen to shower gel. I get a nice lather with minimal product, it feels soft on the skin and even offers a bit of exfoliation. For their price it’s easy to change them out every couple of months. I’ve loved these for years. ($2.49 at Ulta)
There you have it friends. My top 10 under $10 shower products. Do you use any of these products? What are some of your favorite budget friendly buys for the shower?