1. The Tony Awards were this past Sunday. As a theatre nerd, it’s one of my favorite Sunday evenings of the year. While I found the opening to be incredibly disappointing (Hopping?? I understand it was in reference to a movie, but really??) the rest of the performances were awesome. My 3 favorites were Idina Menzel (shocker, right?), Sutton Foster in Violet and Neil Patrick Harris in Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Oh my GOSH he was outstanding. I was watching an interview with him while at the gym and learned that despite gay stereo types, he has NOT ever worn women’s clothing, so this role was an entirely new experience on so many levels. In my opinion, he rocked that skirt and those heels.
2. I can officially say RIP to my Easter candy stash. I finally ate my last chocolate covered Peep, which was my favorite Easter candy discovery this year. I found that Peeps were one of the most Weight Watchers friendly Easter candies, so I stocked up. Until next year, my delicious friends…
3. Going with food pics for a minute, I was eating a berry Oreo (I like them, Erik did not) and I pulled one out of the package that had a little malfunction while being sandwiched. The side of the cookie with the design happened to be face down. I was quite amused by this, but when I removed the cookie I was even more amused to see this fun little imprint on the cream.
4. While I was off on my random hour long drive to go and get a TSA pre check screening (something that means I don’t have to take off my shoes at security? Don’t mind if I do..) I drove by the outlet malls. Of course, I came home with these. My name is Brianna and I am a home fragrance addict… Currently burning is the Surfs Up limited edition summer scent.
5. Okay, so you all know this grumpy little cutie, right? The poor dwarf kitty known as Grumpy Cat. I didn’t realize that she had merchandise now.. Like…LOTS of it.
6. Of course, I had to participated in some of the grumpiness. Although it is kind of difficult to master that grumpy little face.
7. While I was out running errands the other day, I got confirmation that I have excellent taste in which car is popular. The lime green beauty closest to me is my car. I happened to end up in a parking lot with two other Ford Fiestas, both lime green as well. It was probably the brightest parking lot in the entire Triangle.
8. In an effort to stay hydrated I picked up this cute pitcher for $5 at Target. It holds a gallon of water and my goal has been to drink an entire pitcher every day. This week, I have in fact been successful 🙂 It’s been really hot here, so hydration is top on my priority list.
9. I got a new toy yesterday! I’m super excited to learn how to play with this little beauty, both for blog photos, videos and (the whole reason I got it) to take stellar photos on our honeymoon in August. My inlaws suggested getting it early so I had time to learn all of the settings and whatnot. I just might have to
10. In honor of 2015 Erin Condren Life Planner release day, which is today, I thought I’d give it a little shoutout AND remind you that if you sign up through this link, you’ll get a $10 off email (new customers only, I believe) good for your purchase. I got my first Life Planner as a birthday gift last year and I’m in love with it. Despite the technological age we’re in, there’s something wonderful about a stunningly beautiful and personalized planner. I did an entire post on my EC Life Planner back when I got it. While I’m not quite as crazy obsessed, I still love spending quality time with it and planning out my week. They’re a tad pricy, but they’re completely worth it. This year they made some pretty awesome changes too.