1. That photo above pretty much describes how I feel at this very moment.
2. I got my new passport, complete with my married name AND correct spelling of my first name. When I went to get a new passport the first time they somehow managed to spell my first name wrong. Now, my ridiculously long new last name I would totally understand, but no…they somehow managed to spell Brianna wrong. Thankfully submitting it for correction is free and the turnaround time was fast enough that I didn’t have to worry about getting it in time for my honeymoon in August. Thank goodness for that.
3. T-minus 9 days until hubby leaves for his internship. The house is a mess of bins and random shopping trips as he decides what new clothes and shoes he needs. For my husband, this is a daunting and time consuming decision. With plans this weekend that will make the next 3 days fly by, I get sadder by the day that he’ll be leaving. At least it’s for a really good reason.
4. Fun Fact: That is what a watermelon that has been infused with vodka for 24 hours looks like. We literally cut a whole the size of the vodka bottle top in the melon, inserted the bottle and tipped it upside dow for 24 hours. 80% of that bottle was drained into the watermelon. That was the food we brought to the several barbecues we went to this past weekend. People were thankful 😉
5. I treated myself to my very first Popusgar Must Have Box this month. This is a subscription box on steroids! I love that they are like little gifts to yourself every month. Are there any subscriptions that you subscribe to? They’ve kind of become my thing.
6. One of the products in that Popusgar box that I’ve become obsessed with are these “Hi I’m skinny sticks.” They are the most delicious low-cal, chip -like treat I’ve found so far. 3 Points Plus for a 34 stick serving! I’m in love and am probably going to order their giant variety pack online so I can try them all. Like I said…obsessed!
7. I’ve officially started a new type of series on my blog called “Diva and the Dystrophy.” It’s a place where I can talk about all things related to the muscle disorder I have, CMT. Because of my desire to do this I managed to find a group on Facebook that is a bunch of people with CMT who are also fitness people like me. You know that moment when you feel like you’ve found someone (or a group) that makes you feel like you’re not alone? I do now 🙂
8. Have you guys ever heard of this shoe brand called “Tieks?” They’re supposedly these amazingly comfortable ballet flats. They’re crazy expensive, but with my feet (again, see the Muscular Dystrophy thing), I struggle to find shoes that are fashionable that I can actually walk in. Do you have any suggestions for brands of shoes to try that aren’t gym shoes?
9. My student showed up to her voice lesson wearing a “Keep calm and defy gravity” shirt. For those of you that don’t know, I have an obsession with the musical Wicked. I went online (she apparently found it at Hot Topic of all places) to find this shirt and discovered that they have a whole line of them from musicals! That made this music theatre nerd’s day.
10. It’s almost Friday! I hope you all had a wonderful week 🙂