I haven’t done a thinking out loud post in quite some time, and since I really felt the need to publish a little something on here today, I figured this would be the perfect time to do it. Happy Thursday!
1. My husband graduated with his MBA from UNC this past weekend. Before all of the pomp and circumstance, we spent a few days on the beach with fellow UNC business friends. What a great way to spend our final time together.
2. While we were at beach week we went to a Mexican restaurant, which is not a type of cuisine I normally eat. I always associated it with spicy food (which I don’t really like), but it turns out there’s plenty of non-spicy food to be enjoyed in Mexican cuisine. I found the most amazing shrimp and pineapple enchiladas on the menu. They were so good! Both times we went to this restaurant, that’s what I ordered. Two thumbs way up.
3. After beach week and an eventful graduation that had Mister’s family and my parents joining us for fun and games in Chapel Hill, we packed up the car, sadly said goodbye to the friends we’ve been staying with, and headed to our next temporary destination for the beginning of summer. My poor little Fiesta was packed so full we couldn’t really see out the back window.
4. Tuesday night we arrived in paradise.. aka my in-law’s home in south Florida. We will be here for about a month just relaxing, spending time with family, and catching up on some personal things. It’s a great place for me to continue focusing on my blog (after my week long hiatus) and focus on me. I’ve got a lot to work on. PS: that’s the view of their back yard. I’m literally living in paradise without a hotel cost.
5. One of the things I’m working on while here is getting my diet and fitness back on track. With all of the eating out, life chaos, and simply letting things go, my 20 lbs are still sitting there. Thankfully I haven’t gained anymore, even after a few days of eating out all meals (a miracle, if you ask me), but it’s time to get serious.
6. My in-laws have an amazing pool that I took a dip in yesterday, and I decided that it would be great for my body to utilize the pool for some water fitness. With CMT, physical activity can be hard and exhausting. Like most people, I always feel like my body can do so much more in the pool. Do you have any water fitness resources I should know about? Comment below and let me know!
7. One of the things I have been doing for my health is drinking more tea. I’ve become obsessed with the Teami Blends brand. I did their 30 Day Detox a while back (full review is here) and I am gearing up to do another one soon. Also, this Profit tea is the most refreshing, light, minty green tea blend I’ve tried. It has a ton of benefits for me too. To say I’m obsessed would be an understatement. Even my husband is starting to understand how much I’m loving tea.
*Use code DIVINE10 for 10% off any order on Teami’s site. It’s totally worth it!*
8. In beauty news, I finally got my hands on a contour palette. I was so excited to try this palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills, but it ended up really disappointing me. You can read my full review here, but bottom line is I returned it. Do you have any better suggestions for me? Let me know.
9. I wrote up a post a little while back that gives a much more relatable explanation of my disease, CMT. Since this is such a big part of my every day life (as well as so many others), I wanted to make sure everyone has the chance to give it a read. My hope is to make the world a little more aware of CMT and what it implies for so many of the people that have it. Read my post, and learn something new today.
10. I can’t believe we’re already nearing the end of May! What kind of things do you have planned for this summer? Vacation? Home improvement projects? Working on some personal development? Let me know!