We are full speed ahead into sweater weather at this point. I love curling up with a hot mug of tea or coffee and wearing warm and cosy sweaters. This little questionnaire tag has been going around YouTube, and since I’m not currently using my channel (it will come back, I promise) I figured it might be fun to do it here.
1. Favorite candle scent? Pumpkin Caramel Latté from Bath and Body Works. Hands down my favorite to burn this year.
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? Coffee and tea. I won’t drink coffee after 3pm usually, so I’ll generally switch to tea if I need something hot. I especially enjoy my coffee with seasonal creamer (Sugar free pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha) and my tea before bed.
3. What’s the best fall memory you have? When I was younger we would always go to a pumpkin farm with school or as a family, and I loved that. It was just the most autumn feeling thing we did. Even older, I love going there to smell the fall smells, shop the fun little store full of delicious seasonal goodies and just have a festive time.
My other one is more recent, and it was two years ago when Erik came to see me in my show (the 2nd time we’ve ever seen me in person, he flew up for opening night of RENT. Asked me to be his girlfriend a week later). We were at my grandfather’s house, and there was this tree that felt the need to dump ALL of its leaves on the sidewalk. Erik and I were coming back from a walk and all of the sudden he takes off and makes a beeline for the pile of leaves, kicking them around like he’s a little kid. It was hilarious. When I asked what he was doing he reminded me that he’s from Florida so he doesn’t get autumn EVER, so there are no leaf piles to jump through. It was really cute.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? Dark(er) lips. I like the richer colors of autumn, but I like to take it as a darker “my lips but better” season, with mauves and berries. Click the pic to see my post about my favorite fall lip products.
5. Best fragrance for fall? The past several years I have enjoyed Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. For some reason the amber and musk just makes me feel very fall.
6. Favorite Thanksgiving food? Turkey and pecan pie. The pie is so sinful, and the turkey is less so, so I guess that balances nicely.
7. What is autumn weather like where you live? A little bi-polar. The last few days it’s actually been cold, but only 4 days ago it was high 60s. Being almost December I have a feeling this cooler weather is finally here to stay.
8. Most worn sweater? I got these Sweater henley style shirts from the LOFT outlet about half an hour away for $14 each (A steal for Ann Taylor). What I love about them is how sweatshirt like they are in style, a bit lighter and still cosy.
9. Must-have nail polish this fall? Essie “Miss Fancy Pants”
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Leaf Piles, though I don’t do much of the jumping. :-p
11. Skinny jeans or leggings? I recently got a pair of Simply Vera Wang Ponté pants from Kphls and I love them. Comfy and yet chic looking. So I’ll have to go with leggings.
12. Combat boots or Uggs? I don’t own either, but for the sake of the fact I love feeling cosy, Uggs.
13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? YES yes, one thousand times YES! If you’ve followed me at all this season you know I’ve kind of went overboard with my pumpkin spice obsession this year.
14. Favorite fall TV show? I’ve been watching Bones and The Biggest Loser regularly this season.
15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit? I don’t know why this makes me think of autumn, but Josh Groban’s “Remember When It Rained” seems to be one that makes me think of fall.
There you have it, just a little something seasonal and fun!