As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I firmly believe that being in this weird season of uncertainty is not an excuse for us to let go of our goals, but instead, it is an opportunity for us to lean into this new normal and embrace the chance to accomplish our goals. This month, I curated my goals specifically through the lens of quarantine so I can take full advantage of this month of social distancing.
As you know by now, my goal planner is the Cultivate What Matters Powersheets. While the dated 2020 Powersheets are no longer available, a 6-month undated version is still on sale in the store.
The Powersheets have a tending list every month that help you curate action items that should help you work towards your big picture goals. There is a section for monthly, weekly, and daily action items. Monthly items are “one and done” tasks that you set out to do within the month, and they have a progress bar you can shade in as you make progress. Weekly items are tasks that you want to accomplish every week of the month. Daily tasks are items you want to check off every day.
Let’s dive into my goals for the month!
Monthy Action Items
- Cultivate healthy and productive habits
- Since I am home exclusively, this is the perfect time to put extra effort into focusing on how I use my time and refining my time management skills.
- The plan: utilize timers and a set schedule for pretty much everything, including how many breaks I get and how long I can poke at my phone.
- Office closet reorganization & declutter
- The closet in my office is our home’s “Monica Closet.” It just happens to be where all of the stuff without a place ended up.
- The plan: Purchase some drawer storage space and create homes for all of the random crap currently floating around in there.
- Bathroom storage reorganization & declutter
- My bathroom cabinets have become all cluttered up and unorganized. The plan is to clean them out, put things where they belong a get rid of random trash that has accumulated.
- Kitchen cabinet reorganization & declutter
- As you can see, reorganizing and decluttering certain areas of my home has become a priority, which is great because simplifying and organizing my environment is one of my big picture goals for 2020.
- Purchase a jewelry armoire
- This is for organizational purposes. I have so many accessories and my itty bitty jewelry box is not cutting it. Owning an armoire would allow for so much more organization of all my accessories.
- This is the one I have my eyes on. 😍
- Complete March finances
- Obligatory to-do list item
- Read 2 non-fiction books
- Since I have more time and I’m working on prioritizing my time, I want to take my reading goals to the next level. Non-fiction during the day and fiction at night.
- Read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Yes, Harry Potter. I am SO PUMPED!
- Read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets