It’s October! There’s a chill in the air, it’s officially acceptable to enjoy pumpkin spice everything, and sweaters are a wardrobe staple again. It’s my favorite time of year (except for the non-stop clouds and rain that we’ve had for a week now..that really needs to go away).
I’ll be honest: September was a really rough month. Out of all of the September goals I set for myself, I managed to achieve a whopping 1..ONE!! The goal I managed to achieve was to get my CMT story out there for the world to hear, and I did. The video is on my YouTube channel and has gotten a great response, so I’m thrilled about that. Everything else on that September goals list…well, I’d rather not talk about that..
But alas, it is a new month, which means it’s time for new goals (or if I’m honest, repeat goals with the intention of achieving them), so here we go!
- Get the scale going in the right direction. Plain and simple. No specific number or anything. I just want to get back on track
- Tracking, tracking, tracking….. I need to track everything to the best of my ability. Weight Watchers works, but only if I do.
- Average 90,000 steps each week. That comes to 360,000 steps for the month, which will push me beyond my goal of 12,500 steps daily but is within a reasonable distance.
- Drink 100oz water daily.
- Read 2 books. As per usual..
- Make progress/complete our home buying process. We’re currently in the process of buying the place we’ve been renting for the last year, and we’re getting close to actually making that happen. If all goes well, by the end of the month we’ll be homeowners.
- Decorate my home for fall/Halloween. It’s pretty self-explanatory.
- Start to make a list of home items we need/want. Now that we’re pretty sure this place will be ours, there are some things I know we (well, mostly I, because I’m the one who is home all day every day) want to get to turn our almost perfect place into the perfect place, but some of it isn’t cheap. A few things I know I want to get are:
- A ceiling fan for the living room space
- New office furniture (I already know what I want) to give me more room and more storage.
- A cordless and a robot vacuum (trust me, I have reasons for both)
- A China cabinet for our nice dishes that are currently sitting up in cabinets hiding.
- Work harder. This may seem vague, but it’s something I really need to start doing.
- Publish at least 2 blog posts and 1 video a week. Hopefully more.
- Start brainstorming and working on holiday content.
What are your goals for October? Let me know in the comments below!