This week in the Next 90 Days challenge with Rachel Hollis the theme is joy. Joy is something I work to cultivate in my life daily, so I love this topic. One of the homework assignments we had this week was to create a “Joy List.” Simply put, this is just a list of things that bring us joy. True, honest to goodness joy. The second part of the homework is after making your list, schedule time into your day for joy every single day. Yes, schedule it. Every 👏🏻Single👏🏻Day👏🏻
Now, your joy list will look different from mine, which is great because each of us has our own set of things that bring us true happiness. For a little bit of inspiration, I wanted to share mine.
Brianna’s Joy List
- The first sip of a really good cup of coffee.
- A fresh manicure
- Listening to my perfect playlist for whatever mood I’m in at the moment.
- Getting into bed and under the weight of my weighted blanket at the end of a productive day.
- A facial or a massage
- Makeout sessions with my husband 😉
- Long walks
- When the morning sun shines through the window
- Eating a really good dessert
- Reading a good book
- When Gracie (my dog) cuddles up on my lap
- Fresh and hot roasted broccoli or brussels sprouts (seriously!)
- When I finish a big task (think “monthly action item” level in my goals planner)
- Broadway Musicals
- The smells of the different seasons
- Hitting my step goal for the day
- Laying out in the sun
- An emotionally satisfying ending to a show or movie
- Feeling confident in my makeup 💄 and clothes
- A good hair day
- Good, full-fat cheese
- A little bit sparkle
- A completed to-do list
- The smell of fresh laundry
- The feel of the foot warmer when I slide into bed
- Putting on PJs or a sweatshirt just out of the dryer
- My evening skincare routine
- Lighting a scented candle
- Workout clothes that make me feel like I look amazing
What are some of the things on your joy list?