Lush is one of my favorite places for skincare and bath time goodness. Coffee is one of my favorite things. This mask combines both. I knew I had to give Lush’s Cup O’ Coffee mask a try as soon as I heard about it.
What is it?
It’s a face and body mask made with coffee. The ground coffee stimulates the senses and the skin while offering an exfoliation. Kaolin helps give your pores a deep cleaning. Agave is the “glue” holding this mask together, leaving the mask as soft as it leaves your skin.
How to use:
Apply a generous layer all over clean skin, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, add water, and rinse. I personally suggest taking full advantage of the coffee grounds in there and give yourself a long, luxurious exfoliation as you rinse. Note: This product can be used on the body as well as the face.
I love this mask! I use it on Monday and Friday mornings before I shower. It’s my way of giving Monday morning a little something special to help banish the Monday blues. Other things I like about this mask:
- Because its base is agave syrup, the mask doesn’t dry, so there’s no caking, cracking, and crumbling of my face as time goes on. I can walk around and do whatever I have to do without leaving a powdery mess anywhere.
- It’s warming. I’m not sure if its the caffeine or what, but there is a slight warming quality to the mask (at least to me), which feels nice.
- The exfoliation is glorious. There’s so much coffee in here that my face is covered in grounds. If I take the time to rinse slowly (meaning I get my hands wet, massage the mask in, and then rinse my hands, not my face) I get amazingly fresh, soft skin. It’s worth the extra two minutes.
- I suggest rinsing in the shower, as this mask is messy to wash off.
- The smell is coffee gloriousness. While it doesn’t exactly smell like Starbucks, for a face mask, the scent is great.
- The shelf life is a lot longer than their fresh face masks. Rather than lasting only 2 weeks, this mask can last 4 months and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
I took a leap of faith and purchased the large tub right away, and it was totally worth it. The Cup O’ Coffee mask is both online and in Lush stores and comes in 2 sizes: 5.2 oz for $10.95 and 11.4 oz for $19.95. Definitely a great thing to add to your collection if you’re a coffee lover like I am.