It’s October!! We are officially in the last quarter of the year. Now is the time where we start to embrace fall, think about the holidays (say what now?!), and if we’re being honest, we’re thinking about all of those New Year’s Resolutions that we made all the way back in January that we haven’t accomplished yet.
Did this post just get a little depressing? Sorry, but hear me out.
The last quarter of the year is not only the time where we start to panic about not reaching our goals, but we also end up getting lazy, letting ourselves get away with things we normally wouldn’t (hello too many holiday treats and pumpkin spice lattes), and ending up moving further away from those goals instead of making the final push to achieve them. Well, not this year, my friends.
You all know by now that I am a huge fan and follower of Rachel Hollis, author of the bestseller Girl, Wash Your Face. She and her husband are taking the self-help world by storm and inspiring so many people to get out there, work hard, and accomplish their goals while reaching for their best possible lives. Rachel is hosting the Last 90 Days challenge, and I want to encourage all of us to join in.
The last 90-day challenge starts today, October 1st, and is encouraging all of us to basically change our mindset. Instead of taking these last few months of the year to slack off and take steps backward, why not treat these last 90 days as you would the first 30? You know what I mean. On January 1, we all wake up inspired, motivated, and ready to kick off the new year with big goals and we are ready to work for them. How great would it be if we did that these last few months too? How powerful would it be for us to start 2019 having had 3 months of “new year’s mindset” under our belt already?
An object in motion stays in motion. If we can finish this year strong, imagine how we can use the 90 days of momentum we’ve spent these last few months building to catapult us into 2019. I’m giddy with excitement just thinking about the possibilities.
What if we were 3 months into our weight loss journey, on track, working out, eating right, and seeing results before January? How would that feel?
Obviously, this mindset doesn’t just apply to weight loss, but to any goal. Imagine where you could be starting 2019 if you just pretended October 1 was January 1!
Let’s stop imagining and start doing
5 To Thrive
Step 1 of the Last 90 Days is to start doing Rachel’s 5 to thrive every single day. They’re listed above, but I want to share how I am implementing them into my day.
- I’ve been working on this for a few weeks now. My new wakeup time is 6:30. I’ve been spending about an hour in my journals, planning out my approach to the day, and if I’m being really good, reading and spending some time in my Bible and in prayer.
- I already to this Monday-Saturday, so I just have to add some form of activity to Sunday. It doesn’t have to be as intense as one of my other workouts, but I should still move my body for 30 minutes. Go for a walk, turn on a Youtube fitness video, or even do some yoga.
- 80-100 oz of water is typically my goal, but I have been a little lax about it lately. I’m going to track it, and I’m going to drink it.
- I’m modifying this a little bit since I don’t have a particular category I want to give up. I am basically going to implement 2 rules instead. First, the kitchen is closed at 9pm. No night time snacking and no eating right before bed. If I’m truly desperate, I can have a 0 point fruit or vegetable. That’s it! Second, I’m only allowed one dessert type thing per day. I’m really good at sneaking in sugary treats all day long. They might be on plan and tracked, but honestly, who needs more than one sugar treat per day? No one!
- I’ve already got a journal where I write down 5 things. Now I just have to write down 10!
I’m excited to see where the boost of the last 90 days challenge takes me, and my hope is that you will consider joining and let it help you end the year with a bang as well.
If you want to join Rachel’s Last90Days email list, just click here and sign up.
You can also join my new Facebook group and hang out with some pretty cool and inspirational people all on a mission to better themselves.
I’m pumped. I’m inspired. I’m ready to make these Last 90 days the best 90 days of the whole year! Are you?