I am all about trying different healthy living products and letting you know how they make me feel. Recently I was given the opportunity to try out a 1 day juice cleanse by Jus by Julie. This cleanse consisted of 6 juices to be consumed throughout the day. The juices arrived right on time (when you order, you schedule the day you want your cleanse to arrive and they ship accordingly), well packaged in cold shipping materials, and ready for use the day after arrival. Each juice in the cleanse has a label on it so you know what order to consume your juice. Here’s a look at the different juices and my review of the process.
1. Sweet Spin: Kale, Spinach, Pineapple, Banana, Mango, Rice Milk
- This juice turned out to be my favorite one in the entire cleanse. It has this sweet and bright flavor that I love in some green juices. If I could, I’d drink this every day.
2. Spicy Lemonade: Lemon, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, H20
- This juice packed a bit of a spicy punch (which was expected), but since I’m not a huge fan of spicy things, I rank this one as “okay.” However, it did have a refreshing and energizing effect on my body. If you are a fan of lemon and things with a peppery punch, you’ll love this.
3. Dr. Green: Kale, Spinach, Celery, Apple, Ginger, Lemon, Rice Milk
- This juice was a bit weird because I could actually feel the broken up lettuce particles as I was drinking. This meant there was something for me to chew on, which was good for my mental state of mind, but it felt strange having solids in my juice. The flavor was pretty good. I liked this better than the lemon juice, but I still prefer juice #1.
4. Chia Berry: Chia Seeds, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Lemon, H2O, Agave
- For those that know me, you know “red” (strawberry, cherry, watermelon..etc) is my favorite flavor, so naturally I assumed this would be my favorite juice of the day. While this juice did taste good, there was a little too much lemon in it for my taste buds. I’m sure its because lemon is detoxifying and whatnot, but I would have loved a stronger berry flavor in this.
5. Island Coconut: Coconut Meat, Coconut Milk, Cinnamon, Dates
- I’m funny about coconut. Sometimes I like it (usually when chocolate is involved), but most of the time I can’t stand it, so I wasn’t optimistic about this juice at all. Turns out it was actually quite tasty! The coconut meat gave some solid substance to this juice, again giving me a little something to chew if I wanted to, and the flavor was great. There must have been something about the cinnamon that cut through the part of the coconut flavor that I usually don’t like. Whatever the case may be, it was a tasty dinnertime beverage.
6. Xtreme Greens: Spinach, Kale, Orange, Pineapple, Hemp Seeds, Lime, H2O
- The final beverage of the day was definitely the most bitter tasting of the green juices, and one of my least favorites. While it tasted okay (less sweet than the others), it smelled absolutely foul, which probably made it less enjoyable to consume. I don’t know what gave it that effect, but I didn’t love that part about it. Once I got past the smell, the taste was okay.
I started my day as per usual with a cup of coffee (I’m not sure if you’re supposed to do that or not, but if you’re going to take away my solid food, don’t you dare take my coffee too.), and after that it was a juice every few hours. I didn’t really time them out or anything, so I just went with it when it was convenient. I ended up getting a late start that morning, so I didn’t even start with juice #1 until 10am or so.
It happened to be Maundy Thursday when I did this, so I ended up having to take juice #5 to church with me that evening, and it wasn’t until mid church service that I started to physically get hungry. The cleanse guidelines state that if you feel the need to eat something solid to stick to raw or steamed veggies or egg whites, so when I got home I ate some carrots and moved on to my last juice of the day.
All in all, my experience with the Jus by Julie 1 Day Cleanse was very positive. Generally, the juices tasted great and I was able to go without being hungry until about 8pm. My energy level was a bit lower than normal, but I attribute that to the crummy night’s sleep I got the night before, and less so to the lack of solid food, but you never know. I tend to eat a very protein heavy diet, so maybe the fact I had practically no protein that day did make a difference. Would I do the one day cleanse again? Sure. Would I do the 5 day cleanse? Probably not, simply because I enjoy food too much. Even if I never do the cleanse again, I will very likely pick up a few bottles of the individual juices for consumption whenever. There was something incredibly enjoyable about starting my day with that delicious “Sweet Spin” juice.
Jus by Julie also offers other products like probiotic coffee (which I also got to try, and it was quite tasty), soups, and booster shots. I’m very interested in trying several of their booster shots as they have some that help with sleep and stress as well as many for overall health and wellness.
Jus by Julie has a lot to offer anyone looking to give a juice cleanse a try and those just wanting to try some delicious juices in general. Check them out and let me know if you decide to try out Jus by Julie.