1. Do you remember your first makeup item? Yes! It was a Lip Smackers sponge on sparkler (Bonne Bell) in raspberry.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that meets your specifications? My perfect mascara gives me enhancements that are natural looking, but something more. I don’t like 5 layers of mascara coating my eyes and taking ages to get off. Waterproof formulas seem to work well will my finicky hard contact lens. I currently enjoy the water resistant formula of Clump Crusher by Cover Girl.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation? I’m a full coverage type of girl. I wish I wasn’t My trouble skin currently needs it.
4. Favorite high end brand? It’s a 3 way tie: Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Tarte
5. What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? Hourglass Cosmetics. I’m dying to get my hands on the ambient lighting and ambient cheek palettes!
6. Favorite drugstore brand? Maybelline
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Nope. Way too much hassle
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Chapstick or lipgloss.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product? My Urban Decay Naked palettes (I have Naked, Naked 2, Naked Basics, and Naked Basics 2). They are fabulous!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get a lot of goodies at once? I’d say I’m browsing once a week, but I only pick things up when I need something. I’ll pick up what I need when I need it. Big purchases happen only if there is a sale and I have gift cards.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? Much to my husband’s dismay, I spend freely..but not unreasonably. I’m sure once he starts his new job I’ll get a budget to play with.
12. What type of product do you buy the most? Hands down, lip products.
13. Do you avoid certain ingredients like paragons and sulfates? Not intentionally, but when I happen to like a product that is formulated without them, it’s a double win. I do try and get oil-free in face products.
14. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup? Sephora and Ulta
15. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you stick to a certain routine? I love trying new things, but once I among to find the magic combination that works with my skin, I’ll be sticking to it for sure.
16. Favorite bath and body brand? Bath and Body Works. In second place is Lush
17. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? Not at all. It freaks me out to put things that work on my lips on to my breakout prone skin.
18. Are you clumsy when putting on makeup? Only with eye liner. I’m not so good at that..
19. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? All the time. One day I just might.
20. What do you love about makeup? I love that it can help me create any look I want. It can be so subtle that you can look flawlessly natural, or so bold you’re unrecognizable. Most importantly it helps boost confidence levels and makes me feel like an artist.