I’m seriously having a hard time with the fact it’s already June! Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled that the summer weather is here, but I feel like it was only a few weeks ago that my in-laws were here celebrating Christmas. Time flies.
This month I decided that I didn’t want to do a “goals” post, but I wanted to take a slightly different route. Here is my new “10 things to do this month” post, where we can take a look at 10 things that we want to accomplish or do. Some things can be goal-like, but others can just be fun and simple to do list items that will make those of us who like to live seasonally feel a bit more seasonal. Here’s my list of 10 things, but if you have something to add, comment below.
10 Things to Do this Month: June 2016
- Try the new cold brew coffee at Starbucks. Everything about the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew coffee that hit Starbucks on May 31 sounds delightful. I punched it into the WW Calculator, and while it is 6 Smart Points (for a grande), substituting 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup would eliminate the carbs (I think?) and all of the sugar, leaving you with Points just for the milk and sweet cream, which would be 4.
- Paint your fingernails a bright color. It’s officially summertime which means that bright colors are in, so why not use that crazy hot pink or bright coral color that has been sitting on my nail polish rack for awhile?
- Order your 2017 Erin Condren Life Planner. Today is the official launch day for the new and improved life planner. Here is my first look at the beautiful planner and all of the amazing customization options that are offered this year. It takes a week or so (maybe more) to process, so ordering early means you’ll get yours sooner.
- Go on a road trip. Whether its across the country or just an hour or so away, there is something that feels very summer about rolling down the windows and flying fast on the highway. Crank up the tunes, grab your best friend, and hit the road for a little getaway. Mine will be heading east to a friends wedding followed by a week in south Florida.
- Get inspired. Read an inspiring book or check out a new TV show. I personally love watching fitness TV, and over Memorial Day weekend the Mister and I binge watched the new show Strong, which involves the transformation of 10 women with team challenges for them and their professional trainer partners. Another good watch will be the new season of American Ninja Warrior, which starts this week I believe. Looking for some inspirational books? Try Mastering Your Mean Girl, The Year of Yes, or The Happiness Project.
- Buy fresh flowers. I always love the way a vase of fresh flowers makes a room feel, but they’re only ever in the house if my husband brings them to me, which is a rare occurrence. Who says I can’t buy myself a nice bouquet of flowers and liven up the living room on my own? No one. That’s who.
- 100,000 steps in a week. Every week I get my FitBit progress report, and while the number of steps is significantly high, I don’t know that I’ve ever broken into the 100k mark in a week. I feel like that would be such a fun thing to achieve, and with the nice weather and current weight loss goals, it shouldn’t be too hard to get a few extra thousand steps a week to hit that mark.
- A summer clothing purge. Since summertime is here, it’s pretty typical that you’re switching out wardrobes and pulling out all of your sundresses and shorts, so it’s the perfect time to go through your clothing and get rid of the ones with stains, holes, or that you simply don’t wear anymore. Then you’ll start the season with a fresh, well organized wardrobe of items you love.
- Take a long walk. Not only will this help with getting those 100k steps, but the weather is so nice now there is simply no reason to not go for a nice long walk.
- Go on an ice cream or froyo date. While ice cream is in my freezer year round (it’s Mister’s dessert of choice), I find that the only time I will go to an ice cream shop is when the weather is nice and hot. There is something so enjoyable about eating your cup or cone outside with the warm sunshine or the still warm, but slightly cooled night time air. Am I right? There are plenty of options out there that make it so this seasonal joy doesn’t sabotage your weight loss efforts either. Do a little research before hand and enjoy you’re creamy sweet treat.
What would be on your “10 things to do this month” list? Let me know!